There is no doubting the rise of the open compute project in data centres. You probably use OCP infrastructure daily without realising it. Hyperscale IT can help you with OCP solutions – talk to us about how to gain a real competitive edge on your rivals. Open compute puts you in an elite club of business movers and shakers. Businesses that are clearly changing the world. OCP embodies innovation.
Hyperscale IT supply the latest OCP hardware, everything from servers, storage, PSUs and racks. Importantly we are vendor agnostic. OCP server designs are manufactured by many ODMs to a tight adherence of standards. This gives you a lot of choice and flexibility.
There are many advantages in using OCP hardware outside of the clear cost savings:
- Lower operational cost – No longer will you have to purchase specific branded memory, just OCP-approved standards memory. Hyperscale IT can do the leg work to get the best deals for you.
- Join a huge technical community – If you have an issue, you are not alone. A community of people will be there to back you up and help.
- No vendor lock in – There are many ODMs building exactly the same hardware. This gives you great bargaining power and protects you from external factors, enabling your business continuity.
- OCP is fully open source – If you want to recommend an improvement, you can. You can even adapt the hardware to suit your own needs.
- OCP hardware supports AMD, ARM, and Intel – In other words, you have a lot of choice.
- Lower your datacentre PUE – See Facebook’s Oregon datacentre numbers live.
If you’re less familiar with the open compute project, read about OCP history. It is born from forward thinking and rapid innovation.
So, if you are you interested in open compute, but don’t know where to start, you are not alone. Hyperscale IT are here to help. Contact us on +44 (0)207 514 5683 or email@example.com for more information. Alternatively send us a message below: